Wake me up before I go go
This morning I cried, for about 5 mins. Then I realised that this wasn't helping in the slightest so I stopped.
This morning I leapt out of bed in a single bound, as is my way these days. Unfortunately this single bound didn't quite work as my leg completely buckled under me, turns out that my leg hadn't been woken up quite as well as the rest of me by the alarm and it was still fast asleep.
Anyways landing on one leg which folded up neatly meant that I fell quickly to the lure of gravity. My bottom (luckily well padded) slammed on the wooden floor, but what really made me cry was that my right shoulder blade slammed into the wooden bed frame. For a couple of moments there I thought I had dislocated it. The pain was great but I realised it wasn't actually dislocated - it just had been slammed hard.
So I sat there for a while then went and got myself a bag of peas from the feezer and carefully lay against them for a little while, hoping that this direct action would help with swelling.
Perhaps it did, but I can tell you that 10 hours later it still hurts and it realllllllly hurts if I try and lift my arm above shoulder level. I had no idea just how often I raise up my hand. Even resting it in a downward direction I feel the muscles going 'ouch'. So basically if anyone has a spare moment to help me get dressed tomorrow morning I think I may need a hand fastening my lingerie! Tonight I think a nice warm lush bath is in order.
Update Tuesday Morning
Thanks to S, P, A & A for their individual offers to help me get dressed. But I managed it ok. Pain seems to have softened over night am sure I'll be fine soon.
Tag: Mia, Emboldened, tears, lingerie, body, lush
This morning I leapt out of bed in a single bound, as is my way these days. Unfortunately this single bound didn't quite work as my leg completely buckled under me, turns out that my leg hadn't been woken up quite as well as the rest of me by the alarm and it was still fast asleep.
Anyways landing on one leg which folded up neatly meant that I fell quickly to the lure of gravity. My bottom (luckily well padded) slammed on the wooden floor, but what really made me cry was that my right shoulder blade slammed into the wooden bed frame. For a couple of moments there I thought I had dislocated it. The pain was great but I realised it wasn't actually dislocated - it just had been slammed hard.
So I sat there for a while then went and got myself a bag of peas from the feezer and carefully lay against them for a little while, hoping that this direct action would help with swelling.
Perhaps it did, but I can tell you that 10 hours later it still hurts and it realllllllly hurts if I try and lift my arm above shoulder level. I had no idea just how often I raise up my hand. Even resting it in a downward direction I feel the muscles going 'ouch'. So basically if anyone has a spare moment to help me get dressed tomorrow morning I think I may need a hand fastening my lingerie! Tonight I think a nice warm lush bath is in order.
Update Tuesday Morning
Thanks to S, P, A & A for their individual offers to help me get dressed. But I managed it ok. Pain seems to have softened over night am sure I'll be fine soon.
Tag: Mia, Emboldened, tears, lingerie, body, lush
I ran into a wall once (squash). Sympthom was I couldnt lift my arm above my shoulder level. Seemed like I'd injured my a-c joint (that's what the physio told me). They massaged it and put some pads which microwaved that area and told me some exercises to do. It's been trouble free since. Suggest u do the same (see a physio). I'd left it for a few weeks and suffered for no good reason. Hope u get well soon.
Posted by
Chai |
28/8/06 6:35 PM
Oh dear.
I am new to your blog but feeling your pain already.
Hope you will get better soon. A hot bath certainly does help. Or you can visit one of the numerous massage parlous in HK.
Take care.
Posted by
Paulina |
28/8/06 9:37 PM
Mia, best bet follow Chai's advice. See a phsycian.
Take care!
Posted by
monkey_see |
29/8/06 12:22 AM
Ooh, you should definitely get it checked out.
Love the new look, BTW!
Posted by
Marika |
29/8/06 11:30 AM
Shame you didn't land on your head then we wouldn't have to read anymore of this drivel
Posted by
Anonymous |
29/8/06 4:10 PM
Ahhh... my physio = physiotherapist
Posted by
Chai |
31/8/06 10:03 PM