« Home | Terms of Endearment » | Thinking Twice » | Wake me up before I go go » | Crisp and Clear » | Peppermint Crisp » | Standing firm » | Mmmmm yes please, just like that » | Friday Loving » | The Elements » | Crack in the Wall »

Worth living for

What part of life is the part worth living for?

I look back on certain parts of my life and say with my head high and my hand on my heart that those were quite simply wonderful times. I experienced and influenced events which were without a doubt amazing. I did something significant and loved it.

I look back at more recent years and see what is missing, I see opportunities where I started down a path but fell short of fulfilling my potential. I see occasions where my self doubt made me wobble and fear. Where the road ahead was one that I feared.

But now I look at the path ahead, its not smooth, there are little bumps and holes along the way, twists and turns. But I feel confident enough to walk along it, yes it would be good to have someone to hold my hand, but its ok if there isn't. Last night I was changing a light bulb in my kitchen, the ceiling is very high and I am not. As I was standing balancing on the top of the ladder I had a thought.

I don't need anyone to change my lightbulbs for me,
but it's nice to have someone to hold the ladder.

So what part of life is the part worth living for? I have to say that for me the past has been wonderful but the best is yet to come. The here and now? Well that's the thing, the here and now is just fantastic too.


Tag: , , , , ,

Two things are most important:

The people I know now, and the people I shall know in the future.

Everytime I have moved on from one place to the next it is always the friends I miss the most, never the locale...so my friends make the day a little brighter...but I love those moments just as you wake up with the sun, your still have a sleep and at that moment the day and life has nothing but possibilities.

We all walk our own paths through life. Sometimes others join you on your path, othertimes you walk it alone. Rough or smooth your path is your own. At the end of the day, the simple joy of being alive makes life worth living.

What part?

Why all of it, Mia dear. All of it. Without the parts that are less good we wouldn't be able to differentiate them from the parts that are better.

You guys are special to me. x

Post a Comment
<
> In time I may forget what was said, in time I may forget what you did, but I'll never forget how you made me feel.